Wednesday 17 December 2008

Personalised?

I saw a car for sale today, a Toyota Rav4, it was green. I stopped to read the notice in the window as was my want. It read something like;

FOR SALE
TAXED FOR 6 MONTHS
MOT FOR 12 MONTHS
CD PLAYER

£2249 ono

INCLUDES PERSONALISED NUMBER PLATE

I had a quick look at the number plate; YFJ 1209.

Now it seems to me that someone might want to by a Rav4 and that someone might quite fancy a green one with a CD player but what the hell are the chances she's called Yvonne Francis Jeffers and was born on the twelfth of September?

4 comments:

DAB said...

One could change one's name by deed poll methinks ;-)

Lady in red said...

I was thinking it was

your fastest journey 120 miles in 9 minutes

Troy said...

Mrs Troy and I call them "poor people's personalised plates". It is a cheap way of disguising the age of the car whilst only spending a small amount of money. They may however have A1 on their other car (the Bentley)?

Kahless said...

lol!

So are you using your book money to purchase it?