Wednesday 6 June 2007

Handbags and Gladrags, well just gladrags really


Day off today and full of cold! GRRRR! Why cant I be sick when I'm at work instead of at home? Heather's not in a much better state, she's been off all week with a bad foot.
I have to go into town today to buy the suit I didn't the other day and she has to come with me, bad foot or not, because I can't do it on my own!!
Heather is shuffling along with a tight grip on her crutch and I do much of the same! We enter the store and I try to steer her towards the men's section avoiding the women's clothes. I take my eye off her for a millisecond and somehow her arms are full of lingerie and a small storage box! How the hell does she do that? I nudge her towards the men's suits and at the same time try to hide her stash behind a mannequin.
We choose a suit and while I try it on she finds her hidden goodies and adds to them. She encourages me to try on another suit but I'm not having it because she'll fill up a bloody trolley at this rate. I'm happy with my choice (a bargain) but cant find a shirt and tie so we pay and leave for another store.
I put the bags in the car first, bad move, she has free shopping hands again! We find a shirt then debate the ties, "you need to buy a good tie, people will tell if it's cheap and it will last!" she tells me as I put back the one priced £2.99! I hold up 3 for her to choose one, £18, £12 and £5, bugger me she chooses the £18 one! "Told you!" she says smugly.
I pay then leave her to walk to the exit while I get the car and drive up to the store. I'm quick so she wont have time for more shopping but when I get outside the shop she's waiting with more bags!!?
How does she do that?

6 comments:

katy said...

sods law being ill when it's your day off! you see women have the ability to turn any shopping trip to a great bargain hunt! you see the real reason why she wouldn't let you go on your own was so she could spend, spend, spend!

Lainey-Paney said...

seriously---you've never had a burrito?

...oh, you poor, poor man.
Burritos are great.

From wikipedia:
A burrito is is a type of food found in Mexican cuisine. It consists of a flour tortilla usually filled with meat such as beef, chicken, or pork. The meat is usually the only filling, and the burrito is rolled fairly thin. In the United States, however, fillings generally include other ingredients such as rice, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, guacamole, cheese, and sour cream, and the result is considerably larger. The flour tortilla is sometimes lightly grilled or steamed, to soften it and make it more pliable.

Burritos are very very very yummy.

Fire Byrd said...

OH you boys are so innocent!! Every shopping trip is meant for retail therapy surely.
And if you are having to suffer male shopping £2.99!!!!! We need to get a female perspective on the proceedings

Delboys Daughter said...

I couldnt help but spit out my tea at 'Heather is shuffling along with a tight grip on her crutch and I do much of the same! '

Did I read that wrongly?

Chris King said...

HI; The reason she came with me was to have someone to carry her bags!

L-P; So a burrito is a fajhita? You eat them frozen? We eat ice cream and lollies frozen!!

PP; How the hell is shopping therapy? I need therapy after shopping!!

DBW; No, you didn't read wrongly. I'm not proud about it but hey, I am a bloke!!

Lady in red said...

I cant go to asda without buying new knickers. for some reason I keep losing mine