Saturday 26 May 2007

Tagged again!!


Ok, tagged again! That's cool as I wasn't sure what I was going to write about today, have loads of junk floating around up there but nothing coming to the fore. Thank god I hear you say!! Here is my reply to the questions;

1. Do you outline? I try to now as it keeps me focused!

2. Do you write straight through a book, or do you sometimes tackle the scenes out of order? I try to keep in order as I am easily confused. Sometimes though if I think there is something that will fit into the story further on down the line I will write it down for later.

3. Do you prefer writing with a pen or using a computer? Computer, no contest! You seen my handwriting?

4. Do you prefer writing in first person or third? I don't mind.

5. Do you listen to music while you write? Never, has to be silence!

6. How do you come up with the perfect names for your characters? I use people who I don't like (or a take on their name) for the nasty character. The good guys get a cool name! Lol!

7. When you're writing, do you ever imagine your book as a television show or movie? Always, sorry!

8. Have you ever had a character insist on doing something you really didn't want him/her to do? No, the voices in my head aren't that strong!

9. Do you know how a book is going to end when you start it? Yes but sometimes I have to choose from multiple endings!

10. Where do you write? Mainly in the dining room but have a little pad for notes and outlines that moves around with me.

11. What do you do when you get writer's block? Not a problem as of yet. More of a problem is I have to be in the mood for writing and sometimes for weeks on end I have barren periods!

12. What size increments do you write in (either in terms of word count, or as a percentage of the book as a whole)? No set amounts just chunks of what's there until I get bored!

13. How many different drafts did you write for your last project? One, that's why I like short stories. Write it, read it, finish it, next project!

14. Have you ever changed a character's name midway through a draft? Yes often, especially if someone pisses me off they become my new baddie!

15. Do you let anyone read your book while you're working on it, or do you wait until you've completed a draft before letting someone else see it? Yes I do but perhaps I should wait as it would be better for them if they only had to read it once not a hundred and one times!

16. What do you do to celebrate when you finish a draft? Start the next one!

17. One project at a time, or multiple projects at once? Far too many at once!

18. Do your books grow or shrink in revision? That really depends on what I've written, probably grow!

19. Do you have any writing or critique partners? Yes, they are lovely but I take criticism badly!
20. Do you prefer drafting or revising? Neither to be blunt!

PS. The fella with the flag? He's tagging me!

1 comment:

Lady in red said...

I have only just started writing seriously this year. I have several notebooks that i am filling with ideas for characters, places, conversations but I am so busy on all my other projects that hte real work hasn't begun yet